Monday, March 26, 2012

Chic Chevron...

So much has happened with Therapy in the last few weeks!  Not only has my concept of upcycling changed my mindset it has also changed the design and creating process of my business.  Over the past few weeks I've given a glimpse at what I've been working on for Therapy; upcycled clothing.

So far one of my most favorite things has been my Upcycled leather clutch.  They were made from this awesome tobacco colored leather jacket I've had since the 90's.  The worn leather is so cool and it's one of those pieces that you can wear with just about anything.  My sis Val saw how crazy everyone went with the new Therapy pieces, particularly the leather clutches, and decided that she too would donate recycled items to my cause.  Not only did she give me her awesome tobacco colored leather jacket, she also gave me a bag full of awesome clothing items to be upcycled.  I was so grateful to her that I decided to show my thanks by making her a bag.  A few weeks ago Val suggested I do some bags in a chevron print.  I picked a few out and let her decide which she preferred.  She decided on a black and white chevron print that was just darling.  Here is a little peak at sis's purse and a glimpse of bags to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment