Sunday, February 12, 2012

PJ's and Pancakes Party! Baby Girl Turns Two!

This is a wreath covered with linen strips tied in double knots.  It is showcasing Miss Micaela's big day with her initial and happy birthday written on the chalkboard.  This sign is great for any occasion.

Friday, February 12, 2012.  Our live's changed forever on that day as our baby girl came into this world.  Micaela Elisabeth has filled our family with so much joy, laughter, and PINK!  After two boys we were ready for a little girl.  But, nothing could have prepared us for how in love we were about to fall with this sweet little girl we now call "Tinker".

Little Miss Tink is a girly girl.  She likes clothes, jewelry, shoes, bows, baby dolls, and food.  Lots of food.  What better way to celebrate her 2nd birthday than with a laid back PJ's and Pancakes birthday party?  Complete with pancakes, sausage, biscuits, and lots and lots of pink!

The first thing I always do for the kids' parties is decorate over our island.  It is where we always have the food buffet and cake on display.  Here are some pics of what I did decoration wise.  I absolutely love these tissue pom-poms that you can pick up at party stores, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby.  I've seen tutorials where you can make them.  But, these were inexpensive and not near as much work.




This was the set up for the food.  We had pancakes, fruit toppers, biscuits, gravy, and of course mimosas.


I made this Happy Birthday sign out of graphic card stock and letters that I traced on paper and then cut out, then I glued the flags to the ribbon.  This is a sign I will use again and again.  And, I just love it because it is so girly and shabby chic.


Little Miss Tinker in her silk pj's on her 2nd birthday.


We opted out of doing a cake and decided to stick with the theme and do a little short stack on a cute platter with two candles.  It was precious and so convenient!  


Mommy and her baby girl.

My sis Val and I.

My sweet husband Jim is such a sport when we do our little themed parties.  I don't know who has more fun, us or him!  

Daddy and Tinker.  I found her jammies that came with a matching set for her baby doll.





No comments:

Post a Comment