Monday, May 21, 2012

New York state of mind...

My husband and I just returned from our trip to New York.  It was our first time to visit the big apple and we had the most amazing time.  Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed this trip!  I am filled with inspiration from all of the art, food, fashion, and historical places we visited!  Here are a few pics of some of my favorite spots.

The Empire State Building.  We opened the curtains in our hotel room and this was our view.  From the second we got there the trip was amazing.


Okay.  So, I want to know who read my diary.  I saw this and nearly fainted from excitement.

Mr. and Mrs. in New York, on a bus tour.

We saw a protest in front of city hall.  City workers are demanding less cutbacks.

Battery Park!

You can see the Statue of Liberty in the background.


New York police are SO nice!

Wall Street charging bull.  This statue was awesome!

I want this for my front yard.

The moment when we visited the 9/11 site was so surreal.  I felt a sense of patriotic pride that I simply cannot describe.  The memorial is a beautiful tribute to this country and the victims of 9/11.


"Yeah Buddy", construction site at 9/11 memorial.

One of the two Memorial Pools.



One of the memorial towers.  This is now the tallest building in the United States.

The Survivor Tree.  This tree was a tree stump that was found at ground zero after the attacks.  The stump was planted and nursed back to health and flourished once again.  After severe storms badly damaged the tree a few years ago it once again, true to its name, flourished once again.

Brooklyn!

China Town.  Loved all of the signs and business logos.

"I'll have what she's having." - When Harry Met Sally, Katz Deli



Rockefeller Center

Beautiful Bryant Park!  I absolutely loved this spot!  Not only because it is where fashion week is held, but because it was such a beautiful spot in the city.


Okay.  So this was truly awesome.  Brian, the Setai 5th Avenue Hotel concierge, suggested we try Vezzo's for pizza on the night that we arrived.  We told him how much we loved it and how we were visiting New York for our anniversary.  So, the next night he sent up Vezzo's pizza and champagne to help us celebrate!


From the top of the Empire State Building.  This did NOTHING to help cure me of my fear of heights.  But, the view was amazing.

The famous Mood Designer Fabrics store!  I seriously thought I'd died and gone to fabric heaven.  And, the owner was SO nice!

Times Square


Carnegie Hall

Horse carriage ride through Central Park!  So romantic.


Got to feed our horse some treats!

Fountain in front of the Plaza hotel where Carrie told Big "Your girl is lovely, Hubble."
I kind of geeked out on all the Sex and the City spots.


On the ferry to Liberty and Ellis Island!


Statue of Liberty!


Carrie Bradshaw's front steps! 


Magnolia Bakery where Carrie and Miranda ate cupcakes and talked about Aidan, Carrie's new crush. 

Joe's Pizza.  The absolutely best pizza in New York! 

Jefferson Market Garden, kicking up our feet. 

This is the garden where Miranda and Steve got married on Sex and the City. 





The end.
Until next time, New York!  Thank you for the trip of a lifetime...

1 comment:

  1. You guys look so beautiful and lovey dovey- love that!!! And thanks for all the sex & the city shots :)

    ReplyDelete