Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Fall"ing In Love...

Fall is in the air!  This is my absolute most favorite time of year.  There is nothing like it. There's a crisp cool feeling in the air, the boots are coming out, scarves, football- sweet football, pumpkins, soups, hot tea, and lots and lots of holiday cheer on the horizon!

I could not wait to get my fall mantels put together.  I vowed this year to make a Give Thanks glitter sign, put to good use those tree branches laying around our alley, and use as many white pumpkins as I can get my hands on.  Here are some picks of our fall mantels.

Living room mantel, reminding us to give thanks for all of our blessings...


I took tree branches I found in our alley and sprayed them with glue adhesive, then sprinkled them with gold and silver glitter.  I'm absolutely in love with the result!  It gave the decorations some added sparkle and lots of height.  And, best of all it cost maybe $5.


A little glue adhesive and some glitter later you have a beautiful shimmery centerpiece.  Great way to add height and shine.  Looks gorgeous once you light some candles or christmas lights around them too.


I also used the glue adhesive and glitter on these cardboard letters I found at Hobby Lobby, then strung them together with twine for our Give Thanks banner.




Here is the dining room side:

Took the topiaries from the living room and added white pumpkins and glittered acorns.


Happy Fall!

The end...


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to post as if I wasn't standing right behind you as you put all of this together. It looks fantastic! Great job making your beautiful home so cozy and comfy. I love the Gutheil's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Miss Haley! Thank you for all of your input while I worked on this project! Sorry there is glitter everywhere ;). But, I think it was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete