Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Under"stud"y


Hello.  My name is Marci and I am a shoe addict.

I say that to say this:  I love shoes.  I love them all.  I love boots, flats, strappies, heels, peep toes, and especially wedges.  I have goodness knows how many pairs in my closet.  If there is a cute wedge under 5" you better believe I probably have them.  I say under 5", because I wont wear anything over 5".  I feel tall and lanky after 5" and I just can't deal with it.  Which is funny because I'm only 5 feet tall.  Anyway...

Along with my new outlook on upcycling I decided that I would do something with all of the wedges that are pilling up in the ole' closet.  Here's a little look at what I came up with and the inspiration behind my new venture as an under"stud"y.

My creation:



One day while feeding my addiction for beautiful footwear I came across these gorgeous Vince Camuto Studded Wedges.  

To my chagrin not only were they $100, but they were also sold out.  I got to thinkin....surely I have something similar in my closet of shoe wonder that I can convert into a studded wedge.  I scurried on home and much to my delight I found these in my closet! 

A pair of Fergalicious brand wedges.  Cute, but just so-so.



Some furniture studs from Hobby Lobby, a hammer, and a few minutes later I had a new pair of shoes!


The final masterpiece!

To create your own just simply map out your design with a ruler and pencil, or wing-it like I did.  Patience is a virtue I have not successfully mastered.  Lightly poke end of stud into shoe and begin gently hammering into place.  For added stud security put a dab of a good, strong glue on the end of stud before pushing in.

Continue process until you reach desired design!


Next, I want to try painting some wedge heels turquoise and then studding them!
Happy studding!



The end...

No comments:

Post a Comment